The one page business plan
"Business planning helps you clarify your vision and keep track of the right and most important things"
Your plan is a road map to where you want to go, and identifies the key milestones you need to achieve in order to meet your goals.
The simple act of writing down your ideas and outlining how the business will work will help ensure that you clarify and communicate your vision so everyone is on the same page. It also helps you identify what's important, and helps you benchmark your business as it grows.
Without a plan, you’ll find it more difficult to stay focused on whats important and to communicate your vision.
Here are some business planning tips:
- Be as concise as possible.
- Be realistic about the challenges and opportunities.
- Use the process to gain a deep understanding of your market.
- Be conservative in your approach and projections.
- Establish Benchmarks to hold yourself accountable.
- Use graphs and charts to bring your plan alive.
- Make it interesting and ensue it gets reviewed regularly.
- Incorporate your business exit strategy.
Your business plan will reflect your goals, the purpose of your business, your products or services, where you are now, where you're going, and how you're going to get there. Doing a successful business plan takes careful planning, and a commitment to action. Plans need to be updated, and reviewed regularly. A business plan is a working documents and need to be used.
Download your free copy of our simple Business Plan - this will give you and your staff a road map to guide you to your business goals.
Share this page:
- Growing your business through business acquisition
- 5 reasons businesses fail
- Developing a business exit strategy
- Surviving the holiday season
- Boost your New Year retail sales
- The power of a great testimonial
- Managing change for small businesses
- Get focused to increase the value of your business
- Building business momentum
- Using trust to help you compete
- How to grow a tourism business
- How to avoid small business burnout
- The one page business plan
- How to future proof your business
- Being present to plan the future
- The five-step fresh start
- Marketing your business for free
- Have a better business budget
- Why competition is good for business
- David and Goliath business lessons
- How to prioritise your social media
- Business survival through adaption
- Do you know what business you are in?
- Tips for small business owners going it alone
- Planning for business success
- 5 steps to a better business
- Managing a seasonal business
- The dreaded Business Plan
- Writing a business plan
- Strengthen your business
- Pimp my business for selling