Gibbston Tavern for Sale Gibbston Valley
Hot! New Leasehold Business. Situated in a current Queenstown Hot Spot. Including: Tavern, Studio, Stables, Stone buildings, House, unit, PLUS large function lawn!
Business for Sale Description
Gibbston Tavern for Sale Gibbston Valley
Deadline Sale Closing 14th Sept 2018
Don't miss out on this fabulous opportunity. Let your imagination run with this one as the location is hot and the options boundless! It could be a stunning vineyard cellar door, craft brewery, spirit distillery, hot pools, art gallery and studio, antiques store, retail, or destination concept, or an office or collaborative work space. There is also provision to add a brown tourism 'Transit New Zealand' authorised signs, on the Gibbston State Highway adjacent to the site, directing visitors (of which there are MANY!) to the gorgeous historical precinct.
You are only limited by your imagination here, and this delightful and enchanting village is your new canvas, in a location that continues to boom here in Queenstown! Don't delay this will move fast, call now, you won't regret it!
Included in this business sale are Gibbston Tavern Historical Precinct, including:
- The existing Tavern
- Extensive courtyards
- Outdoor pizza oven and eatery area
- The Stables function room (approx. 67m2)
- The Stables outdoor, enclosed courtyard (approx. 67m2)
- Art gallery/studio building?
- 2 Bedroom home
- 1 Bedroom self-contained unit
- Large carpark
- Large Function Lawn, for events & weddings
Gibbston Valley is one of Queenstown’s hot spots, only 20 minutes from Queenstown International Airport. To secure an existing premise, within an already established and popular area, with historical feel and features is a real bonus and an opportunity not to be missed!
Location: From the Precinct, Queenstown is approx. 30km away, Arrowtown only 16km away, and Cromwell is a mere 30km away. So this is a very central location within Central Otago and accessible on many fronts. The Gibbston Precinct sits alongside other lifestyle blocks, vineyards and accommodation. Arrowtown is the closest area for shopping and also has a local primary school.
- Entails a bar and tavern, with an open plan area and servery, plus a full commercial kitchen. The bar is rustic in nature and decor and features a lovely wooden timber bar top. There is also a fabulous log burner in the bar for both ambience and warmth.
- Outdoors the theme continues with rustic and native style landscaping, with a stone pizza oven, a stone outdoor fire place, featuring a historic/rustic pipe as the fireplace chimney. In addition, there is also a beautiful established lawn and garden, featuring native plants and tussock grasses in keeping with the region, plus there are areas of outdoor seating throughout the area.
- The tavern currently offers a menu that includes delicious platters of local produce, and pizza options from the hand-crafted pizza oven. They also offer a beverage list that features the very best of local wines in region is famous for, and a diverse range of craft beers. Hours of operation are currently 7 days a week, from 11am until 8pm.
The Stables: The Stables are approx. 73m2, and feature exposed timber beams, stone wall, wooden bar-top, and extensive outdoor courtyards. Recent upgrades include: heated slab flooring, insulation, heat pump installation, new gas hot water system, and a new, and in keeping, barn-style entrance.
Precinct/Village Accessories & additional Features:
- Toilets – Recently constructed, both one male and female toilet present, approx. floor area 8.7m2
- Diary – The former diary of the Gibbston precinct, a schist stone building, and galvanised roof with concrete floor, and approx. floor area is 14.5m2.
- Shed – An old schist stone storage shed, which is approx. 28m2
- Carpark – there is a large carpark in front of the precinct
- Lawn – Feature and event lawn below the precinct
2-Bedroom House: There is a comfortable 2-bedroom home, which has a large living, dining and kitchen area, along with two double bedrooms, and both with in-built wardrobes, and bathroom, with a separate toilet, plus a lovely open veranda outside. Heating is via a coal range and Yunca multi-fuel burner. Below the home is the garage and storage area, with two roller-doors for vehicle access, as well as a large basement/sotage area.
Self-Contained Unit: There are several outbuildings in the precinct itself, and one of these is a self-contained unit, which effectively has two bedrooms, with one being accessed through the other, plus a kitchenette and small bathroom. This is currently being utilised for onsite staff accommodation.
Possible Potential for the Village & complex: This location is simply perfect for a craft beer or spirits distillery, wine cellar doors (several), a themed restaurant or cafe, themed food trucks – you name it! You could even look to add hot-tubs on the plateaus to the rear of the tavern, as the location is frequented daily by many white water rafters!
- The Village and function lawn is perfect for weddings or events - Think Gibbston Beerfest or MusicFest?
- The village scene lends itself to a stunning MidWinter Christmas Fetival and markets!
- There is room to support the tavern/restaurant and plant extensive organic vegetable gardens
- There is room to create a dedicated garden bar at the rear of the tavern itself
- The 2-bedroom house has potentially become a day-spa
- The lower level (Storage and Garage) could be converted to more accommodation, or for other use.
Lease Information: The current property owner and operator, is prepared to enter into an 18 year lease, consisting of a 6+6+6 years, with 2 yearly rent reviews. The commencing lease will be $113,000 pa plus GST, and normal operational expenditures including rates and insurances apply.
This gorgeous Gibbston village is simply waiting for someone, or a group of friends and investors, with imagination and flair, to take this to the next level. It is established, and beloved by locals and visitors alike, and ready and waiting for you.
This business is for deadline sale, so don't delay, get in now and be ready for this summer in this stunning region! Call Adrian now to arrange a viewing of this fabulous village! Move now - this one won't last!
For more information please contact Adrian Chisholm, specialist tourism broker on Mobile 021727888, or outside of New Zealand on +6421727888, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.