Lodge and Real Estate Business for Sale Kurow
Waitaki Braids Lodge And Real Estate For Sale
Business for Sale Description
Lodge and Real Estate Business for Sale Kurow
The Extraordinary Waitaki Braids Lodge, FHGC for sale
This is a unique business located in the beautiful Waitaki Valley in the town of Kurow between Canterbury and North Otago. This is an exceptional historic limestone building the was originally built as the town’s general store in 1885. It has been sympathetically restored and modernised into a stunning Lodge with seven ensuite rooms, Café, Restaurant and Function area. The business caterers to a guaranteed clientele from the Alps to Ocean (A2O) cycle trail. The business has fantastic revenues and operating profits. It has excellent domestic tourism returns and around 70% bookings already for the 2021-2022 Summer Cycling season, and high enquiries from Australia. The restaurant and café have become a destination especially for people travelling between Queenstown/Wanaka and Christchurch and the towns (Twizel, Timaru and Waimate) in between.
Current Business Model
- The main business source is from several regular cycle companies both from NZ and Australia and individual travellers. With the increased interest incycling enthusiasts and e-bikes, this business model will keep growing year on year.
- There is potential to grow international tourism again as borders open.
- Open for Spring, Summer, and Autumn, Winter is quieter with the current owner choosing to close. In 2019 an international film crew were based at the lodge for Winter.
- There is the opportunity to further develop the function area with more weddings, birthdays and art exhibitions.
- Situated in the centre of the CBD on the Main Street.
Accommodation – Lodge Rooms
- The Lodge Rooms are beautifully designed each with its own ensuite and conservatory.
- Each room has exposed original limestone and all are very quiet.
- Clients have a door leading out to the garden area and the outside dining.
- There is a large parking area and secure bicycle racks.
- There are plans ready for the new owners to add more Lodge Rooms
Accommodation – Holiday House
- The business owns a two storied house a short distance from the lodge. The house is used as further accommodation for the business and is regularly booked out.
- The house has a queen room and bathroom on the ground floor and a second queen, and a small twin room and bathroom on the second floor.
- The house has been renovated to the same high standard as the lodge.
- The lounge, kitchen and dining area lead out to a large deck that overlooks the golf course and the mountains beyond including Awakino skifield.
- The café during the day is extremely popular with travellers, locals and cyclists
- The café has a great style, concept, reputation, and reviews and has always offered an excellent dining experience.
- In the evenings the café becomes a popular restaurant including with many cyclists that haven’t been able to be accommodated at the lodge choosing to dine.
- Lodge clients do a package that includes dinner, breakfast and a packed cyclists lunch.
- The seating includes 40 persons inside and a similar number outside under a large sail.
- The liquor licence allows for more in both areas.
A short walk from the Lodge is a newly renovated three-bedroom staff house that is available in the package that can be used as owners or staff accommodation.
- Currently there are several loyal hard working staff members that can undertake anything from cooking, cleaning, barista work and waiting.
- A Manager available
- These people are open to working with new owners.
Additional Purchase Options
- Freehold Three-bedroom house $ 500,000
- Freehold Owners/Staff House $ 420,000
- If the purchasers are not keen to purchase the houses, they can be leased to the new purchases to support the business model.
Reviews – Just a few of the outstanding reviews and feedback this fine establishment has
“Most beautiful and cosy café I’ve seen in New Zealand. Staff super friendly”
“Beautifully renovated old building offering very comfortable accommodation, and very very good dinner and breakfast”
“On the Alps to Ocean tour with Tuatara Tours. Absolutely fabulous accommodation with beautiful food, love to come back! A very pleasant surprise in Kurow! Highly recommend!
IN THE AREA
Kurow is a strategic stop on the Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail the second busiest trail in New Zealand only surpassed by the Queenstown Lakes trail. Kurow is New Zealand’s newest wine region.
The Waitaki River running past Kurow includes beautiful wetlands to explore, and exceptional birdlife. Great walking and further cycling tracks. Kurow is a rural support town and includes other businesses. The town became a base for the building of the Waitaki Dam and it was from here Social Security in New Zealand started. The service town for Lakes Waitaki, Aviemore and Benmore and the more than 7000 campers that camp there between Labour weekend and Easter.
Waitaki Braids is a unique, well-run and well-established business with a fantastic ROI and operational profitability. Make it yours now and live the fantastic lifestyle this business offers you.
For more information or to arrange your private viewing, please contact specialist Accommodation Business Broker, Dilan De Silva, on 027 444 9692 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to know more, please register here on our website, and then navigate to the Documents tab above the main image, and request access to the confidential information therein, thank you.
Contact: Dilan De Silva
Dilan De Silva
Licensed REAA 2008
Broker Ref: 44556