FHGC Millers Flat Holiday Park Business for Sale Millers Flat
A Much-Loved Kiwi Campground is on the Market!
Business for Sale Description
FHGC Millers Flat Holiday Park Business for Sale Millers Flat
One of New Zealand’s best value Freehold Going Concern Holiday parks, set on the banks of the mighty Clutha River and located in the perfect location, beautiful Millers Flat, and close by the proposed Onslow Dam Project that the NZ Government will announce details about in November 2021, is now for sale.
Millers Flat Holiday Park has just undergone over $500,000 of new development and refurbishment, and it is a traditional ‘Kiwi’ holiday park, welcoming holiday makers to relax and unwind, or recharge to continue their journey by road, or along the Clutha Gold Cycle & Walking trail that passes the park.
It offers a tranquil and spacious spot for campervans, caravans, tents and holiday-makers seeking a peaceful camp site, with comfortable ensuited and self-contained kitchen units, and units that share the modern kitchen and ablution complexes.
This is an ideal location for cyclists to start or end their adventure on the Clutha Gold Trail that passes the park entrance.
MILLERS FLAT HOLIDAY PARK FEATURES
Comfortable 3-bedroom owners’ residence, with Yunca fire, heat pump, new bathroom, and plumbing. Woodshed, laundry and utilities sheds. There are new covered pergolas to the north and west of the residence. This residential home is situated on a separate title and would be worth $400k – $450k in today’s real estate market. This allows this home to be fenced off and sold off, leaving the commercial Holiday Park for sale at about $850k.
One of the brand new fully self-contained units near front entrance of the park could be the owner/manager’s apartment or another slightly larger apartment built beside the 3 new units that have just been completed, as the new sewage system has been designed for a fourth unit to be built in this area.
All exterior buildings in the holiday park have recently been professionally painted. There are 2 workshops, plus a large 6 car garage onsite.
Three brand new 4.5 star fully-self-contained studio units:
- Cabin 6: Tui, King single
- Cabin 7: Kereru, Queen
- Cabin 8: Quail Rise, Queen
Refurbished Guest cabins x 6:
- Cabin 1: Old Miners cabin: Cute & Cosy stand-alone Kitchen Cabin with two bedrooms sleeping 4, one double bed and one set of bunks. Hob, microwave, fridge, jug, toaster, sink, table & chairs, sofa, TV and outside patio.
- Cabins 2 & 3: Onslow & Teviot: Cosy, Comfy and Clean Kitchen Cabins. Two rooms sleeping 6, with one double bed and 2 bunks. Hob, microwave fridge, jug, toaster, electric fry pan, sink, table, chairs, TV and outside patio.
- Cabins 4 & 5: Simple, affordable, clean & comfy. 1x triple bunk, double with single over top and 1 set of bunks in each room sleeping 5. Small table and chairs, fridge, toaster, and tea/ coffee making facilities. Tv in cabin 4.
- Cabin 9: Uncle Toms cabin: This lovely new cabin overlooks the river on the lower level and is close to the kitchen and bathroom facilities. One room with 1x triple bunk with single over top. All brand-new linen. Microwave, jug, toaster, fridge, cutlery, and dinner set for 3. Hot running water, 32-inch smart TV, breakfast bar with 2 seats, coffee table, and 2 lounge seats. Wall mounted ceramic heater. Deck with 2 seats.
CARAVAN, CAMPERVAN & TENT SITES
- 55 sites situated over three levels (21 onsite pay an annual fee plus a daily rate when using the site) 32 powered site and 2 permanents.
- Spacious tent sites with a variation of sunny and sheltered as required
- 2 x totally refurbished ablution blocks: One on the top level and one on the bottom level so they are in a handy location wherever guests are staying.
- The upper level has 3 shower cubicles and 3 toilets in both the men’s and women’s. Small laundry with sink, 1 new Maytag washing machine and 1 new Maytag dryer.
- The lower block has 4 showers and 4 toilets in men’s and women’s blocks, plus Maytag washing machine x 2, and 1 dryer.
KITCHEN, DINING, LAUNDRY & SHOP FACILITIES
A large modern Kitchen with 2 new ovens, 2 x 4 hob cook tops, 1 new microwave, 2 new Fridges, toasters, and zip hot water system. The kitchen is equipped with a supply of plates, mugs, cutlery, and pots. A TV and new kitchen table and chairs are also provided. Comfortable leather couch and 2 chairs. As well as a library.
Two-coin operated washing machines, and a dryer plus 3 stainless steel tubs and large commercial freezer on the lower level. Clotheslines are also nearby.
Camp Shop: Currently closed.
New Wifi: UBIQUITY WIFI system throughout camp, self-managed, no annual fee and runs off unlimited business plan so no extra cost – ability to charge if wanted to.
Straits reservations online PMS system: Annual fee, could be taken over by new owners.
APPROXIMATE DRIVING TRAVEL TIMES
Approximately a two hour drive to Dunedin, Invercargill, Te Anau, Queenstown and Wanaka, Millers Flat Holiday Park makes an ideal location for tourists to base their Central Otago holidays:
- From Wanaka 1 hours 40 minutes
- From Dunedin 1 hour 40 minutes
- From Invercargill 1 hour 44 minutes
- From Queenstown 1 hours 52 minutes
- From Te Anau 2 hours 20 minutes
- From Oamaru 3 hour 4 minutes
REASONS TO BUY NOW
Clutha Gold Cycle Trail passes the gate! With another 13.2m of funding approved to link up the trails with Queenstown and Dunedin, the cycle tourism market can only continue to grow in the region!
Cycle tourism is a substantially growing market and Millers Flat Holiday Park is perfectly positioned to take advantage.
Guest numbers growing year on year!
This fabulous Central Otago holiday park is reluctantly on the market due to unforeseen circumstances, and this is a great opportunity for someone to come in and take this much loved and profitable holiday park business to the next level or just enjoy all the hard work that has recently been done. With its prime central location to everything Otago has to offer, this business couldn’t be better placed to take advantage of ever-growing tourism market in the region. Early viewing is advised, you won’t be disappointed!
For more information please contact Adrian Chisholm, specialist accommodation business broker on Mobile 021 727 888 or email email@example.com
Interested In This Opportunity?
Contact: Adrian Chisholm
Licensed REAA 2008
Broker Ref: 44082