Cafe, Bar And Holiday Park Business for Sale Makarora
Rare Rural Lifestyle & Income Opportunity
offers over 1mil +GST (if any) +SAV
Business for Sale Description
Cafe, Bar And Holiday Park Business for Sale Makarora
Seldom does such a great location and business, on a large freehold land site, come along, with such potential for future development opportunities. The Makarora Country Café presents a rare opportunity to the savvy buyer!
- Best Cafe in New Zealand (2018/2019)
- Multiple income streams on site
- Established & enviable commercial client base
- Only operator registered locally with the NZMCA
- Located on 1 hectare (approx.) of freehold land
- Land is zoned for visitor accommodation
- Plus offers a significant 4brm home for the owner/manager
- Potential plus for sale here – be quick!
MAKARORA COUNTRY CAFE
Makarora Country Cafe, Restaurant, Bar, Gift shop, Fuel, & Campervan Park is set on approximately 1 hectare (10,086m2) in Makarora, which borders Mount Aspiring National Park. Makarora is only a 40-minute drive to Wanaka, and is rich in hidden gems of history, culture, adventure and natural beauty. Makarora is the halfway point, and a ‘must-stop’ location, between Queenstown and the Glaciers.
BLUE POOLS, BRINGING IN KIWI FAMILIES & CUSTOMERS
The Makarora Blue Pools Track is located in Mount Aspiring National Park, just 10 minutes up the road from the Makarora Country Café. It is rated as one of the Top 10 of short walks in New Zealand.
An easy walk that starts at the car park on State Highway 6 near Makarora, just north of Muddy Creek, and leads through mature silver beech and podocarp forest to two swing-bridges, overlooking the Blue Pools at the mouth of Blue River. Large brown and rainbow trout can often be seen feeding in the pools.
- Rated: One of NZ’s best short walks
- Gradient: Flat
- Duration: 1 hour return
- Distance: 3 km return, via same track
- Fitness required: Suitable for most fitness levels
The Blue pools have been successfully marketed to New Zealanders, with the result being a regular supply of kiwi customers for the business. When kiwis are doing the walk, whether they’re coming from the North or the South of the café, before or after their walk, they are stopping in to enjoy the hospitality and café.
THE LOCATION & BUSINESS
The location is key to this business’ viability, being on a corner site of the State Highway, with additional access on a side road. Makarora Country Cafe is a successful business, with multiple Income streams including cafe, licenced bar, retail gift shop, fuel station, campervan/motorcamp and holiday park.
The Business is a very simple operation with no specialist skills required, and the current owner has extensive operation manuals prepared for the new owner(s). The current owner is offering a training period after settlement, to ensure a smooth passing of the reins. In terms of staffing, this business allows the owner to manage the business during the quiet periods and employ an additional 8 to 10 staff during the busy season, no experience is required.
The Main Cafe, kitchen, gift shop, and toilets, comprise approx. 399.3m² plus a forecourt canopy of 114.5m², and a concrete paved outdoor dining deck and courtyard of approx. 40m².
INCOME STREAMS & DEVELOPMENT POTENTIAL
- Cafe, restaurant & cone ice creams
- Bar, with on-licence – An off-licence could be added?
- Fuel pumps
- Gift shop – which could be developed further with local products including honey, wool & skincare items?
- Camping ground, with both powered points and tent sites – currently 10 service points for campervan parking and great onsite facilities
- A substantial owners’ residence which could also be used as additional tourist accommodation as a lodge or B&B operation
- Cabins could be added to the existing holiday park?
- Vacant land to the South of the cafe is ideal for the future development of motel studios or units to further develop the existing campervan park
- Note: The district plan allows for both commercial activity and visitor accommodation as a discretionary activity.
OWNER MANAGER RESIDENCE
- Offering an attractive large residence, being approx. 206.6m² , plus verandas and decks of approx. 58m².
- The ground floor features an open plan kitchen, dining, and living area, plus separate lounge, along with two bedrooms, bathroom, office, craft/sewing room, laundry and verandas.
- The first floor has a sitting room, two further bedrooms, and a bathroom. NZ Native timbers, matai and red pine, feature in the floors, walls and ceilings.
Other buildings on site include: the utility shed (approx. 20m²), workshop (approx. 33m²), carport (approx. 39m²), and implement Shed (approx. 122m²).
Other improvements include: car parking for approx. 60 and bus parking for approx. 10 coaches; water supply from an 18m deep bore; two septic tanks; 2 x 7500 litre underground double skin fuel tanks and a stand with two fuel pumps; plus attractive landscaping, fencing, concrete paths, wooden edging and planting along with lawns, shrubs and trees.
After 16+ years, the current vendor is seeking to hand over the reins to a new owner. This profitable business can be run without any specific food industry expertise (you don’t need to be a chef or hire one).The business has been well maintained and all certificates and licenses are current, including an “A” Grade Certificate for both the cafe and the camping ground.
This is your opportunity as a couple, or an extended family, investor or developer, to seize the opportunity to own and operate this easily managed business as it is currently run, or even take it to the next level – all in a supported environment with full training on offer. Seldom does such a great business, on a large freehold site, come along which also allows for future development opportunities, and presents the perfect lifestyle balance for you and your family – Call Adrian today.
For further information, register now, or contact specialist Business Broker Adrian Chisholm, AREINZ, on 021 727 888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested In This Opportunity?
Contact: Adrian Chisholm
Licensed REAA 2008
Broker Ref: 43464